Navien NPF high efficiency
hydro-furnaces provide consistent comfort while minimizing energy consumption
The NPF heats water by burning the gas in a sealed combustion heat exchanger, completely isolated from the airstream. The heated water is then pumped through a hydronic heat exchanger that gently transfers the heat into the air. This unique method improves operational control, provides safe and even heating, and keeps operating sounds to a minimum. By exposing the air to much lower temperatures, there is less impact on the conditioned air humidity level.
The Navien NPF hydro-furnace is 97% AFUE, uses standard gas lines and ductwork, making it a smart comfortable replacement for traditional forced-air furnaces.
Find An Installer
Heating air with warm water is so comfortable
- Durable stainless steel combustion heat exchanger located out of the airstream.
A hydronic coil transfers heat from the water into the conditioned airstream at a temperature up to 150ºF
Gas is burned directly in the conditioned airstream — exposing it to temperatures up to 1000ºF
Our unique hydronic forced-air heating design keeps combustion in a separate, fully enclosed compartment for safe and quiet comfort.
NPF Upflow & Horizontal hydro-furnaces
The NPF hydro-furnace leverages our advanced knowledge of tankless water heaters, combi boilers and boilers. We’ve modified this technology to reinvent forced air heating.
Navien offers two premium, high-efficiency hydro-furnace series: NPF Upflow and NPF Horizontal. Both gas, condensing forced-air furnace series are 97% AFUE and available in 60,000 BTU/h (9,000-60,000 capacity) and 100,000 BTU/h (14,000-100,000 capacity) sizes.
Industry-leading variable capacity operation
Proven hydronic heat exchanger design
All models are 97% AFUE
Ultra-low NOx compliant
- Vent with 2" or 3" PVC
Liquid propane and high-altitude conversion kits included
Full variable capacity operation using a one or two-stage thermostat
Direct readout self-diagnostics
NAVIEN HYDRO-FURNACE FEATURES
Our innovative new design is a high-efficiency revolution in forced-air heating
All NPF hydronic furnace systems have Navien’s advanced stainless steel heat exchanger which helps maximize system efficiency and comfort. With 97% AFUE, the new NPF series is significantly more efficient than older forced-air furnace systems.
- Industry-leading variable capacity operation from 15% to 100%
- Continuously monitors air temperatures & automatically adjusts capacity and airflow to maximize comfort & efficiency
- Robust airflow is sustained up to 1.0” external static pressure for use with today’s high-efficiency high-static air filtration systems
- Unique hydronic forced air heat exchanger design keeps combustion in a separate compartment outside of the heating air stream for quieter operation
- Easily integrates with smart HVAC systems & home automation platforms
- Dual-fuel compatible (gas or electric heating with heat pump) when matching with any AHRI-matched heat pump
- When paired with an AC or HP system, the variable capacity blower can be customized for a comfortable, quiet cooling experience.
- Independent airflow for air conditioning, heat pump and fan-on settings provides year-round custom comfort
NAVIEN HYDRO-FURNACE BENEFITS
Warm up to the advantages of the Navien hydro-furnace forced-air technology
The NPF hydro-furnace relies on Navien's unique heat exchanger and condensing technology to maximize system efficiency and comfort.
EXPLORE NAVIEN HYDRO AIR HEATING APPLICATIONS
Enjoy high-efficiency heating wherever & whenever you need it
- Variable capacity operation is like having many furnaces in one: low heat for milder days, high heat on colder days & more even temperatures year-round (compared to traditional single or two-stage furnaces)
- More efficient zoning & temperature control
- Models available for vertical (upflow) or horizontal flow, including attics & suspended installations
- Primarily designed for residential home heating applications
- Can also be used in non-industrial commercial applications such as schools, office buildings, churches, retail stores, nursing homes and hotels
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with Navien’s Eco-Friendly Hydro-furnace
The NPF is designed with environmental sustainability in mind, boasting a 97% AFUE and Ultra Low NOx compliance. It qualifies for regional incentives, reduces energy bills, and enhances the efficiency of air conditioning and heat pump systems.