Select Navien Unit
Warranty Service & Return Policy
Navien products come with a limited warranty covering labor, parts and the heat exchanger. The following warranty periods begin to run from the date of original installation. The date of original installation must be provided to Navien, and upon request, proof of the original installation date must also be provided to Navien. When the product is installed in a new construction, the commencement date shall be dated upon which the end-user takes title to the property.
Applicable Warranty Periods
|1 Year||5 Years||10 Years|
* The warranty periods apply only to single family, residential installations.
Warranty Claim Procedures
To obtain warranty repair service, the end user or homeower must contact the original installer of your Navien product. If the original installer cannot be identified, the end user or homeowner may contact Navien's Technical Administration Department at 1-800-519-8794. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty service.
At its option, Navien will replace the defective component (part(s) or heat exchanger), in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, if it fails in normal use and service during the applicable warranty period identified above. The replacement component must be Navien original factory component. Navien, at its sole discretion, may replace the product with a new or refurbished product of comparable quality and design. The replacement component or product will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original component’s applicable warranty period. Payment for labor in completing the warranty service is subject to Navien’s prior written approval and shall be subject to Navien’s schedule of approved labor allowances.
Navien’s Limited Warranty shall be void in the event of an occurrence of any of the following: **
- Improper installation, failure to install in strict compliance with the Installation & Operation Manual procedures, installed by a non-licensed installer, and installation in violation of applicable rules, laws or building codes.
- Product purchased through the internet, other e-commerce channels, or any installer that obtained the product from a supplier or distributor not authorized by Navien.
- Failure to perform regular maintenance, misuse, operation at settings other than those recommended or specified, non-compliance with instructions or guidelines set forth in the User’s Information Manual.
- Modification or alteration of the product in any manner, including but not limited to, removal of any component or part, addition of any nonapproved components, relocating or moving the product from its original installation site, or any accidental or intentional damage to the Product.
- Installation in commercial or multi-dwelling applications or for non-recommended uses.
- Any damage caused by local adverse conditions including but not limited to hard water deposits, lime or mineral build-up, operating in corrosive atmospheric elements.
- Damage or problems caused by gas flow issues, electrical surges, flooding, fire, abnormal external temperature, and any other cause of damage not directly caused by a manufacturing defect.
- Installer’s failure to fully comply with the warranty service and return policy procedures previously provided to installer and as is available on Navien’s website. Such policies include but are not limited to the installer’s failure to first contact Navien Technical Support while in front of the product for purposes of trouble shooting the identified problem or issue.
- Performance problems caused by improper sizing of the boiler, the gas supply line, the venting connection, combustion air openings, electric service voltage, wiring, fusing or any other components, parts or specifications.
- Improper conversion from natural gas to LP gas or LP gas to natural gas or attempt to operate with a type of gas not specified for the boiler.
- Any damage, malfunction or failure caused by abuse, negligence, alteration, accident, fire, flood, freezing, wind, lightning and other acts of God.
- Operating, using or storing the boiler in a corrosive or contaminated atmosphere or environment.
- Operating the boiler at water temperatures outside the factory calibrated temperature limits and/or exceeding the maximum setting of the high limit control.
- Operating the boiler when it is not supplied with potable water at all times.
- Subjecting the heat exchanger to pressures or firing rates greater or lesser than those shown on the rating plate.
- Installation at any location outside the United States and Canada.
- Removal or alteration of the rating plate.
This Limited Warranty is subject further to the terms and conditions set forth herein and as may be further specified in the terms and conditions page located on Navien’s website at www.navieninc.com. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, NAVIEN DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS OR THEIR SALE AND USE, AND NAVIEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES THE ASSUMPTION OF, ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS. THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY RESPECTING THE PRODUCTS OR ANY PARTS OR COMPONENTS THEREOF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Navien’s total liability for any claim arising hereunder shall not exceed the purchase price which you paid for the product. NAVIEN SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR LIQUIDATED DAMAGES OR PENALTIES, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR LOST REVENUE, PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF NAVIEN HAD OR SHOULD HAVE HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE, ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.